Donations and Legacies
Like all Church of England parishes, St Katharine Cree has to generate its own income in order to sustain its ongoing ministry, as well as maintain this Grade 1 listed Church. It currently costs around £200 per day to maintain the church and our ministries, and your generosity is greatly appreciated. This excludes the capital work, to repair and upgrade the halls and toilets for our community work that we are currently doing, which is likely to cost in the region of £50,000.
We all continue to work hard to maximise our resources while balancing the needs of a worshipping community. We rely on numerous volunteers and donations to support our community work such as our work with homeless people and rough sleepers in the City, our 12 Step Group, our faith and ministry, as well as our varied and diverse response to the needs of those who visit us. 3 ways you can financially support us are outline below:
- Give a one off or set up a regular donation
- Sign up to the retailers "give as you shop" scheme and select The Guild Church of St Katharine Cree as your charity of choice
- Leave a legacy
Your financial support will allow us to continue looking after the phyisical, mental and spiritual needs of many people in the city, to increase how often we can keep our building open, to welcome tourists and visitors, to provide a space for concerts and exhibitions, and to maintain our active presence in the City for future generations. Thank you.
1) ONE OFF or REGULAR GIVING
Please consider giving a One-Off Gift or Regularly By Monthly Standing Order both are available via the Give as you Live website, which is an easy and secure way to give. If you would prefer to give via tranditional means, you are welcome to send a cheque or please get in touch to discuss how you would like to give.
(If you are a UK tax payer, please ensure that you tick the Gift Aid box on the donation page.)
If you would prefer to make a donation by cheque, please make it payable to "St Katharine Cree Guild Church Council" and send it to St Katharine Cree, c/o St Olave's Church, 8 Hart Street, London EC3R 7NB. Also, if you would liker to give regularly and would prefer a paper version of a standing order form, again, please write or email us providing your address for this to be sent to. Thank you again.
2) RAISE FUNDS WHILE YOU SHOP! (at no cost to you)
Did you know that if you buy on line, there are various retailer schemes that will give your charity of choice around 0.5% of your online spend at no cost to you?
- Easyfundraising is a way to give a donation for St Katharine Cree along with your online shopping without costing you a penny extra. Just sign up as a supporter and browse your favourite retailers from there. If you use the links on the Easyfundraising page rather than going directly to the retailer's website, set The Guild Church of St Katharine Cree as you selected Charity and they will make a donation to the church, based on a proportion of your spend each time you place an order.
- Alternatively, Amazon Smile is another way to donate at no cost to you. If you buy anything through Amazon, do please click on Amazon Smile first and select The Guild Church of St Katharine Cree as your selected charity. It’s then just like using regular Amazon, but (at no cost to you) we will get a percentage of what you spend. click here to find out more
3) LEAVING A LEGACY
A gift in your will can make a lasting difference by enabling us to achieve something that we would not normally do. You may also wish to channel your gift to mission or community projects, to maintenance of the church fabric, to one of our community projects or music, or in some other way. Please get in touch via the "Contact Us" button on the website if you would like to know more about leaving a legacy to st Katharine Cree.
We really appreciate all you can do to support our giving schemes which are crucial in helping us to plan and budget with confidence. and ensure we can continue to support our community work and faith and ministry in the City.
Why give to St Katharine Cree?
We have set out below some of the projects we have been involved with. These include:
- Square Mile Hygiene Bank Coordinator: We have collected from Corporates and Individuals in the Square Mile over 750kilos (Click here to see our news item on this) of Hygiene Products and these have been given directly to a refugee Charity and a Women's and Children's refuge. More details here
- Assessment Hub for Homeless and Rough Sleepers: We have provided over 250 nights accommodation since this opened on 18 December 2019 and look forward, subject to government advice on social distancing and provision of accommodation to rough sleepers, to continue to play our part in bringing an end to homelessness. More details here
- 12 Step Groups: We provide a space for a number of 12 Step Groups. Whilst these are meeting digitally currently, we expect them to return once the lock down ends. More details here.
- Supporting Charities to get homeless men and women into work (eg Suited and Booted - Click here to find out more, and Dress for Success - click here to find out more): we continue to encourage many City businesses and hotels to contribute clothes as well as to give financially to support them.
We are currently spending money to improve the main hall, small hall, adding an accessible toilet, better access into the garden church yard etc. which we believe will make it a much better environment to support the group and improve the wellbeing of all who use the rooms in preparation for when the lock down ends and all our groups return.
We of course continue to to provide our faith and ministry support as well as chaplaincy at this time. This includes providing a range of online recorded and streamed worship services, pastoral and prayer support, access to wellbeing and mental health resources and much more. We also work hard to maintain a grade 1 listed building to ensure that it will remain as a place of sanctuary for generations to come.