"doing good can make us feel good"
All of us in the City can make a difference by working together, along with the Corporation of London, major and local businesses, the Livery Companies, some amazing front line charities and our church communities. We hope you want to join in with us and find out together how that can be possible. Some of the things we are involved with, include:
- we coordinate the collection of donated hygiene products receved from local corporates in the City, so they get quickly to front line charities
- we coordinate the collection of donated men and women's business attire from City individuals, which have gone to charities for homeless men and women to get them back into work; and wonderful towels and bathrobes
- we work with the Corporation to provide an "assessment hub" at certain times of the year for homeless people and rough sleepers
A research paper by the Mental Health Foundation called “Doing Good Does You Good” states that “while many of us feel too stressed and busy to worry about helping others, or say we’ll focus on doing good deeds when we have more ‘spare time’, evidence shows that helping others is actually beneficial for your own mental health and wellbeing. It can help reduce stress, improve your emotional wellbeing and even benefit your physical health.”
1) The Hygiene Bank
The ways you can help:
- Collect extra items at home or with your normal shopping and then drop them off to us
- Set up a collection desk or bag in your office to encourage your colleagues to get involved and then when you have a load either drop it off to us or get in touch and we can see if we can walk around to your office to collect it
- If you or your organisation would like to buy hygiene products:
- from the wholesale club EASO, who are a national partner of The Hygiene Bank, you can go onto the EASHO's website and see our wishlist and our delivery details are already set up:
- Alternative, if you or your organisation would like to buy hygiene products from Amazon, you can go onto the Amazon website and see our wishlist and our delivery details are already set up:
- You can donate directly to us, designated the money for hygiene products and we will ensure that this is spent on the right products - Click here for easy giving
We have digital marketing material, posters, leaflets etc that we can send you to help promote your collection so please get in touch.
2) Business attire for men and women
If you have some good quality business attire that you or your colleagues do no use, they could provide what's necessary to help someone get back in to work, working alongside Suited & Booted and Dress for Success.
Please get in touch.
Also, if you have an idea for a project that you would be interested in running, please get in touch