Feel Good / Get Better
Whatever it is that you are struggling with, please get in touch and we hope to be able to support you ourselves or we can help you find the right person or agency to do that. We want you to know you are not alone.
There are also lots of online resources. Thank you to the team at the Diocese of London for putting together many of the links below:
- The Church of England website has updated resources on supporting mental health during coronavirus, including 13 daily reflections and you will find the 13 x 5 minutes films of these reflecyion read by Fr Nick Mottershead available on this website here as well as a copy of the leaflet.
- Tips for mental well-being while staying at home from NHS Every Mind Matters.
- The Mind and Soul Foundation, the Mental Health Foundation and the Cinnamon Network all have good advice about mental health during the pandemic
- Colouring pages published as a free resource by Illustrated Ministry: Prayers for when you feel anxious
- Soultime is an app which explores meditation from a Christian perspective – free trial followed by subscription
- Headspace encourages mindfulness for everyday life – free trial followed by subscription
- Mental health wellness tips from a practising psychologist, put together after several weeks of sessions covering mostly Covid-19 fears and worries
- Correct us if we’re wrong, but by far the most popular workouts at the moment – with children and adults – seem to be by Joe Wicks @thebodycoach, who can be found here on YouTube.
- NHS Fitness Studio exercise videos provide different levels of aerobic, strength and resistance exercises, pilates and yoga
- A selection of top sports people lead 15 minute workouts and fitness video
Advice regarding situations involving domestic abuse can be found here:
- The Guild of Health and St Raphael is posting a wide range of Covid-19 resources, as ever offering a holistic approach to health.
- Ten Top Tips to promote resilience while at home, developed by psychologists at UCL and others.
Also on our What's On page you will find that we have lots of different groups and activities that might help you to "Feel Better / Get Better" as you plan to get involved with them once the current social distancing is removed and even in these uncertain time these groups may be meeting on line. You will also see there are also are:
- a number of faith based groups, providing opportunities to explore your relationship with Jesus, to seek His peace and spiritual healing, and to explore life issues and challenges that we face with others, in the context of scripture,
- various groups that can help you to improve your health and wellbeing, as well as
- support groups that can help you take the first steps towards better physical health or recovery.
Overall, we want you to know that we are here for you.